Here is a short and simple sample website proposal or RFP (Request for Proposal). Feel free to use it as a template when writing an RFP for your own IT Project.
Sample Website Proposal or RFP Example
Company X is accepting proposals to design and develop the organization’s website. The current site was last updated in 2010, and is outdated in appearance, structure, and presentation of the content.
We require a site that is user-friendly that is easy to change information and maintain by our personnel. The site should also be visually-appealing and helpful which visually depicts the capabilities of the organization. It should also be optimized for mobile and tablet visitors.
Selection Criterion for RFP
Vendor will be selected based on the following criterion:
Suitability of the Proposal – the proposed website meets the needs and criteria set forth in this RFP
- Expertise in recommending and communicating appropriate technical and aesthetic solutions as evidenced by the proposal and references.
- Aesthetic Capabilities – Prior work demonstrates artistic and innovative, user friendly web interfaces that engage communities and viewers.
- Candidate Experience – Web Developer has successfully completed similar projects and has the qualifications necessary to undertake this project.
- Value/Pricing Structure and Price Levels – The price is commensurate with the value offered by the proposer.
Here are a few sample of website’s we like:
— removed —
Please submit proposals by January 5, 2015 with an estimated completion date of April 2015.
Please provide several cost proposals to accomplish the scope outlined below. The budget must encompass all design, production, and software acquisitions necessary for development and maintenance of the web site. We have allocated approx $10,000 for this project.
Hosting will be addressed separately, with your input and advice. Costs for hosting are not included in the budget for this project.
Primary audience will be personnel and board members of affiliates.
Secondary audience will be community members looking for local resources, including local organizations.
Website Detailed Requirements
- Rotating banner on home page
- Branch and Affiliate locater feature (by zip code search) and Map.
- Integration with Constant Contact email database and sign up
- Secure, online donations accepted with no login required and easy to share socially
- Online tracking
- Social media links
- Calendar item submission form
- Search engine friendly and optimized
- Page links and other content should have titles, text and URLs that are friendly to social
- Affiliate login with Message board access with restricted access or web forum
Please submit three websites (with URLs) your firm has produces that best reflect your work and relevancy to this project.
Provide three current references.
All questions related to this RFP should be directed to X. Please submit proposal to X email address by January 15, 2015.