Back when software programming was still in its infancy, companies invested heavily in benefit packages in order to attract and hire key personnel. Paid training programs, benefit packages, promotions, retirement plans, stock options, health/ life insurance, 401Ks, sick days, plus potential skill (or experiential) limitations … are all factors of “cost” that must be considered by any employer today.
But technology is changing at an ever-increasing rate. The long accepted idea that a single person should be an expert in all development skills that a software project might have has proven to be unrealistic.
Typical Software Development Project Skills Requirements.
- A minimum of 6 required technical skills (and another 8 optional).
- Industry familiarity.
- Practical project experience.
- Appropriate communication and analysis skills.
- The dedication and drive to see a project through to completion.
- Status Reporting and coordination with stakeholders.
- Onsite Presence Required 40 hours per week
Is there any question why the rapidly changing face of technology has caused so many companies to reconfigure their hiring practices of software developers? The old idea of full-time long-term employee(s) with static skill sets is obviously less attractive … and perhaps completely impractical for the software development industry. Today’s business community embraces change and the innovation that come with it. And innovation is what the buying public seeks.
Hiring a Software Developer Company Instead.
- More Diverse Skill Sets; much more than any single individual may possess.
- Track Record / Reputation; a proven record of experience and team performance.
- Superior Cooperation; higher quality work achieved by understanding the needs of a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Flexible Hours; variable hours based on the changing project demands.
- Up-to-date Tools; The most current programming techniques, plus the advantage of instant access to these skills from anywhere in the world.
The rapidly changing face of technology and software applications calls for a constantly changing set of experiences, techniques, and skills. There was never a better time to reconfigure your practices of hiring a developer … and save on development costs. Hire a full service software development company for your next development project … you’ll be glad you did!